The city of San Francisco will host multiple events in celebration of the Fourth of July, including a hotdog eating contest.
Hot Dog Eating Contest
The San Francisco Hot Dog Contest will take place during the Fourth of July Pub Crawl next to El Lopo on Polk Street. The contest will start at 8 PM, with plenty of time before the San Francisco Fireworks at 9:30 PM. More information can be found at https://crawlsf.com/event/san-francisco-hot-dog-eating-contest/.
Aquatic Park Concert
The City of San Francisco is also inviting visitors to the Aquatic Park for a live music concert. This event starts at 6 PM and is followed by the fireworks display at 9:30 PM.
Grab a Seat on a Fireworks Cruise
The best views of the fireworks are from a cruise on the bay. Several local ferry and boat companies offer cruises for fourth of July San Francisco.
The cruises leave the Fisherman's Wharf neighborhood about an hour or more before the fireworks start. This gives the boats a chance to get to the perfect viewing point before they start.
Here are the ferries scheduled so far for 2022. All cruises sell out quickly, so buy yours today!
Red and White Fleet: 2 Cruises
- Depart from SF's Pier 43 1/2 in Fisherman's Wharf
- Offer beer, wine, as well as other alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks on board
- One boat that departs at 8:30 pm and it's the Premium Cruise ($129), the Standard Cruise leaves at 9 pm ($99)
- Boarding starts 30 minutes before departure so arrive early to secure your spot on the cruise
- No outside food and drink allowed
- Visit their site for ticketing details
Blue & Gold Fireworks Cruise
- Head out on the water and watch the fireworks display on a Blue & Gold Ferry
- They will offer two boats this year that leave from Fisherman's Wharf
- One is a family boat (no alcohol) and it leaves at 8:15 pm
- Other boat leaves at 8:00 pm
- One of the best ways to see the fireworks on the water
- Tickets are $95 for adults, $85 for youth (5 - 11), under 5 are free
- Find tickets here
Freda B Fourth of July Sunset & Fireworks Sail
- Leaves from downtown Sausalito
- Boards at 6:15 pm and leaves at 7:30 pm
- Sunset is at 8:35 pm, fireworks start around 9:30 pm (or when it's dark enough)
- Return to Sausalito at 10:30 pm (approximately)
- $295 per person
- Find tickets today!
Fireworks on Pier 39
A celebration on Pier 39 will take place throughout the day, with family-friendly activities, entertainment, live music, and a pyrotechnic fireworks show that begins at 9:30pm.